Department Of Insurance’s FAQs On Travel Insurance And Covid-19
On March 20, 2020, the Nevada Department of Insurance posted FAQs on travel insurance during the COVID-19 outbreak. Some of the FAQs were as follows:
- Will my expenses be covered if I cancel my trip because I have coronavirus, or I am quarantined because of coronavirus?
- Will my expenses be covered if I end my trip early because I contract coronavirus, or I am quarantined because of coronavirus during my trip?
- What if the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issues a Travel Health Notice for my destination?
- Will my medical expenses be covered if I contract coronavirus during my trip?
- Will my travel expenses be covered if I contract coronavirus on my trip and need to return home?