For Benefits Compliance specific state updates for Nevada click here.
Department Of Insurance’s FAQs On Travel Insurance And Covid-19
April 17, 2020
On March 20, 2020, the Nevada Department of Insurance posted FAQs on travel insurance during the COVID-19 outbreak. Some of the FAQs were as follows:
- Will my expenses be covered if I cancel my trip because I have coronavirus, or I am quarantined because of coronavirus?
- Will my expenses be covered if I end my trip early because I contract coronavirus, or I am quarantined because of coronavirus during my trip?
- What if the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issues a Travel Health Notice for my destination?
- Will my medical expenses be covered if I contract coronavirus during my trip?
- Will my travel expenses be covered if I contract coronavirus on my trip and need to return home?
DEPARTMENT ISSUES PRESS RELEASE CONCERNING AUTO INSURANCE PREMIUM REFUNDS
May 08, 2020
On April 29, 2020, the Nevada Department of Insurance issued a press release announcing that it is permitting auto insurance companies to provide relief in the forms of premium refund credits, checks, dividends or similar measures.
NV Press Release