For Benefits Compliance specific state updates for Idaho click here.
DEPARTMENT ISSUES BULLETIN CONCERNING PREMIUM PAYMENT FLEXIBILITY
April 24, 2020
On April 15, 2020, the Idaho Department of Insurance issued Bulletin No. 20-05 in which it encourages carriers to implement certain activities, including:
- Waiver of fees, penalties or other charges relating to late premium payments
- Extensions of grace periods for payment of premiums
- Additional time before nonrenewals or cancellation become effective
- Extensions of proof of loss deadlines
- Expanding automobile coverage to allow personal vehicles to be covered while delivering food, medicine, or other essential services for commercial and charitable purposes.
ID Bulletin No. 20-05
DEPARTMENT POSTS FAQS CONCERNING BUSINESS INTERRUPTION INSURANCE
May 08, 2020
On April 28, 2020, the Idaho Department of Insurance posted frequently asked questions concerning business interruption insurance including the following questions:
- How do I know if I have business interruption coverage?
- Are all business interruption policies the same?
- Will my business interruption coverage pay for losses as a result of COVID-19?
- What if my business is closed due to an order of the state or local government?
- What should I do if I think I have business interruption coverage for lost business income as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Why do most business interruption policies exclude coverage for viruses or communicable diseases like COVID-19?
- I have already talked to my agent/company and still have questions or concerns. Can I contact the Department of Insurance?
DEPARTMENT ISSUED BULLETIN ON WORKERS’ COMPENSATION REVISED BASIC MANUAL AND STATISTICAL PLAN
May 08, 2020
On April 27, 2020, the Idaho Department of Insurance issued Bulletin 20-09 to workers’ compensation insurers notifying them that it adopted the National Council on Compensation Insurance’s revised Basic Manual and Statistical Plan, which includes the following provisions for workers’ compensation carriers:
- Clarifying that idle time is paid downtime and is distinct from paid furloughed employees
- Requiring payments made to paid furloughed employees be excluded from premium calculations
- Clarifying the proper codes to track claims for paid furloughed employees
ID Bulletin 20-09